Given a binary tree, the task is to print the sum of all the boundary nodes of the tree.
Input: 1 / \ 2 3 / \ / \ 4 5 6 7 Output: 28 Input: 1 / \ 2 3 \ / 4 5 \ 6 / \ 7 8 Output: 36
Approach: We have already discussed the Boundary Traversal of a Binary tree. Here we will find the sum of the boundary nodes of the given binary tree in four steps:
- Sum up all the nodes of the left boundary,
- Sum up all the leaf nodes of the left sub-tree,
- Sum up all the leaf nodes of the right sub-tree and
- Sum up all the nodes of the right boundary.
We will have to take care of one thing that nodes don’t add up again, i.e. the left most node is also the leaf node of the tree.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N) where N is the number of nodes in the binary tree.
- Boundary Traversal of binary tree
- Iterative Boundary traversal of Complete Binary tree
- Sum of all nodes in a binary tree
- Product of all nodes in a Binary Tree
- Sink Odd nodes in Binary Tree
- Sum of nodes in top view of binary tree
- Sum of all leaf nodes of binary tree
- XOR of path between any two nodes in a Binary Tree
- Product of all leaf nodes of binary tree
- Check if two nodes are cousins in a Binary Tree | Set-2
- Print all even nodes of Binary Search Tree
- Find distance between two nodes of a Binary Tree
- Print all nodes between two given levels in Binary Tree
- Sum of nodes in bottom view of Binary Tree
- Check if two nodes in a Binary Tree are siblings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : andrew1234