Given an N-ary tree, find sum of all elements in it.
Input : Above tree Output : Sum is 536
Approach : The approach used is similar to Level Order traversal in a binary tree. Start by pushing the root node in the queue. And for each node, while popping it from queue, add the value of this node in the sum variable and push the children of the popped element in the queue. In case of a generic tree store child nodes in a vector. Thus, put all elements of the vector in the queue.
Below is the implementation of the above idea :
Time Complexity : O(N), where N is the number of nodes in tree.
Auxiliary Space : O(N), where N is the number of nodes in tree.
- Top three elements in binary tree
- Queries for elements greater than K in the given index range using Segment Tree
- Maximum sub-tree sum in a Binary Tree such that the sub-tree is also a BST
- Complexity of different operations in Binary tree, Binary Search Tree and AVL tree
- Given level order traversal of a Binary Tree, check if the Tree is a Min-Heap
- Convert an arbitrary Binary Tree to a tree that holds Children Sum Property
- Print Binary Tree levels in sorted order | Set 3 (Tree given as array)
- Check whether a binary tree is a complete tree or not | Set 2 (Recursive Solution)
- Convert a given Binary tree to a tree that holds Logical AND property
- Check if a given Binary Tree is height balanced like a Red-Black Tree
- Construct XOR tree by Given leaf nodes of Perfect Binary Tree
- Convert a given Binary tree to a tree that holds Logical OR property
- Sub-tree with minimum color difference in a 2-coloured tree
- Cartesian tree from inorder traversal | Segment Tree
- Check if the given binary tree has a sub-tree with equal no of 1's and 0's | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.