Given a number, we need to find sum of its digits using recursion.
Input : 12345 Output : 15 Input : 45632 Output :20
Step by step process for better understanding of how the algorithm works.
Let number be 12345.
Step 1-> 12345 % 10 which is equal-too 5 + ( send 12345/10 to next step )
Step 2-> 1234 % 10 which is equal-too 4 + ( send 1234/10 to next step )
Step 3-> 123 % 10 which is equal-too 3 + ( send 123/10 to next step )
Step 4-> 12 % 10 which is equal-too 2 + ( send 12/10 to next step )
Step 5-> 1 % 10 which is equal-too 1 + ( send 1/10 to next step )
Step 6-> 0 algorithm stops
following diagram will illustrate the process of recursion
Sum of digits in 12345 is 15
- Add the given digit to a number stored in a linked list using recursion
- Perform n steps to convert every digit of a number in the format [count][digit]
- Count of Numbers in Range where first digit is equal to last digit of the number
- Find the remainder when First digit of a number is divided by its Last digit
- Largest number less than N with digit sum greater than the digit sum of N
- Generate a number such that the frequency of each digit is digit times the frequency in given number
- Decimal to binary number using recursion
- Count Set-bits of number using Recursion
- Number of times a number can be replaced by the sum of its digits until it only contains one digit
- Largest number less than N whose each digit is prime number
- Count the number of occurrences of a particular digit in a number
- Nth number whose sum of digit is multiple of 10
- Find the Number which contain the digit d
- Special two digit number
- Least Greater number with same digit sum
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : jit_t