Given a number, we need to find sum of its digits using recursion.
Input : 12345 Output : 15 Input : 45632 Output :20
Step by step process for better understanding of how the algorithm works.
Let number be 12345.
Step 1-> 12345 % 10 which is equal-too 5 + ( send 12345/10 to next step )
Step 2-> 1234 % 10 which is equal-too 4 + ( send 1234/10 to next step )
Step 3-> 123 % 10 which is equal-too 3 + ( send 123/10 to next step )
Step 4-> 12 % 10 which is equal-too 2 + ( send 12/10 to next step )
Step 5-> 1 % 10 which is equal-too 1 + ( send 1/10 to next step )
Step 6-> 0 algorithm stops
following diagram will illustrate the process of recursion
Sum of digits in 12345 is 15
- Add the given digit to a number stored in a linked list using recursion
- Perform n steps to convert every digit of a number in the format [count][digit]
- Count of Numbers in Range where first digit is equal to last digit of the number
- Find the remainder when First digit of a number is divided by its Last digit
- Largest number less than N with digit sum greater than the digit sum of N
- Generate a number such that the frequency of each digit is digit times the frequency in given number
- Decimal to binary number using recursion
- Count Set-bits of number using Recursion
- Number of times a number can be replaced by the sum of its digits until it only contains one digit
- Program to find all Factors of a Number using recursion
- Largest number less than N whose each digit is prime number
- Count the number of occurrences of a particular digit in a number
- Special two digit number
- Nth number whose sum of digit is multiple of 10
- Number of n digit numbers that do not contain 9
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.