Given a directed and connected graph with n nodes. If there is an edge from u to v then u depends on v. Our task was to find out the sum of dependencies for every node.
For the graph in diagram,
A depends on C and D i.e. 2
B depends on C i.e. 1
D depends on C i.e. 1
And C depends on none.
Hence answer -> 0 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 4
Asked in : Flipkart Interview
Idea is to check adjacency list and find how many edges are there from each vertex and return the total number of edges.
Sum of dependencies is 4
Time complexity : O(V) where V is number of vertices in graph.
This article is contributed by Sahil Chhabra (akku). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find dependencies of each Vertex in a Directed Graph
- Print completed tasks at end according to Dependencies
- Find the ordering of tasks from given dependencies
- Find whether it is possible to finish all tasks or not from given dependencies
- Convert the undirected graph into directed graph such that there is no path of length greater than 1
- Maximum number of edges that N-vertex graph can have such that graph is Triangle free | Mantel's Theorem
- Graph implementation using STL for competitive programming | Set 2 (Weighted graph)
- Detect cycle in the graph using degrees of nodes of graph
- Convert undirected connected graph to strongly connected directed graph
- Transpose graph
- Islands in a graph using BFS
- Dominant Set of a Graph
- BFS for Disconnected Graph
- Bridges in a graph
- Biconnected graph
- Hypercube Graph
- Graph and its representations
- Check for star graph
- A Peterson Graph Problem
- Fibonacci Cube Graph