The c/c++ library strxfrm() transform the characters of source string into current locale and place them in destination string.
For that LC_COLLATE category is used which is defined in locale.h . strxfrm() function performs transformation in such a way that result of strcmp on two strings is the same as result of strcoll on two original strings.
size_t strxfrm(char *str1, const char *str2, size_t num); parameters: str1 :is the string which receives num characters of transformed string. str2 : is the string which is to be transformed num :is the maximum number of characters which to be copied into str1.
Input : 'geeksforgeeks' Output : 13
Length of string geeksforgeeks is: 13
Example 2 :
Input : 'hello geeksforgeeks' Output : 20 // in this example it count space also
Length of string hello geeksforgeeks is: 20
Example 3 :
19 Hell Hello geeksforgeeks
This article is contributed by Shivani Baghel . If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Difference between Private and Protected in C++ with Example
- Difference between Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Difference between Single and Multiple Inheritance in C++
- Difference between Abstraction and Encapsulation in C++
- return statement in C/C++ with Examples
- How to implement our own Vector Class in C++?
- Web Programming in C++
- C++ Program to print an Array using Recursion
- Storage Classes in C++ with Examples
- fill_n() function in C++ STL with examples
- fill() function in C++ STL with examples
- How to erase an element from a vector using erase() and reverse_iterator?
- iomanip setbase() function in C++ with Examples
- iomanip setpricision() function in C++ with Examples