The strtoimax() function in C++ interprets the contents of a string as an integral number of the specified base and return its value as an intmax_t(maximum width integer). This function also sets an end pointer that points to the first character after the last valid numeric character of the string, if there is no such character then the pointer is set to null. This function is defined in cinttypes header file.
intmax_t strtoimax(const char* str, char** end, int base)
- str: specifies a string consist of an integral number.
- end: it is the reference to an object of type char*. The value of end is set by the function to the next character in str after the last valid numeric character. This parameter can also be a null pointer, in case if it is not used.
- base: It represent t
he numerical base (radix) that determines the valid characters and their interpretation in the string
Return Type<: The strtoimax() function returns two values which are described below:
- If valid conversion occur then the function returns the converted integral number as integer value.
- If no valid conversion could be performed, a zero value is returned (0)
Below programs illustrate the above function:
Given String = 1000xyz Number with base 10 in string 1000 End String points to xyz Given String = ff Number with base 16 in string 255 Null pointer
Program to convert multiple values at different base
The decimal equivalents of all numbers are 10 40 15 4
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- What happens when a virtual function is called inside a non-virtual function in C++
- Function Overloading vs Function Overriding in C++
- Difference between Virtual function and Pure virtual function in C++
- How to call some function before main() function in C++?
- How to call function within function in C or C++
- Difference between user defined function and library function in C/C++
- Difference between virtual function and inline function in C++
- Can we call an undeclared function in C++?
- Can we use function on left side of an expression in C and C++?
- Declare a C/C++ function returning pointer to array of integer pointers
- Function overloading and return type
- Function Pointer in C
- Default arguments and virtual function
- Function overloading and const keyword
- How to measure time taken by a function in C?
- Comparator function of qsort() in C
- Can we access private data members of a class without using a member or a friend function?
- Function Overloading and float in C++
- Extra brackets with function names in C/C++
- Function Interposition in C with an example of user defined malloc()