StringBuffer offsetByCodePoints() method in Java with Examples
The offsetByCodePoints() method of StringBuffer class returns the index within this String contained by StringBuffer that is offset from the index passed as parameter by codePointOffset code points. Unpaired surrogates lies between index and codePointOffset count as one code point each.
public int offsetByCodePoints(int index, int codePointOffset)
Parameters: This method takes two parameters:
- index: the index to be offset
- codePointOffset: the offset in code points
Return Value: This method returns the index within this sequence.
Exception: This method throws IndexOutOfBoundsException if any one below is true:
- index < 0 or index > length of the sequence.
- codePointOffset > 0 and the subsequence starting with index has fewer than codePointOffset code points
- codePointOffset < and the subsequence before index has fewer than the absolute value of codePointOffset code points.
Below programs demonstrate the offsetByCodePoints() method of StringBuffer Class:
String = WelcomeGeeks Index = 5
String = India Is great Index = 11
Example 3: To demonstrate IndexOutOfBoundException
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.