The endswith() method returns True if a string ends with the given suffix otherwise returns False.
str.endswith(suffix, start, end)
suffix : Suffix is nothing but a string which needs to be checked.
start : Starting position from where suffix is needed to be checked within the string.
end : Ending position from where suffix is needed to be checked within the string.
NOTE : If start and end index is not provided then by default it takes 0 and length-1 as starting and ending indexes where ending index is not included in our search.
It returns True if string ends with the given suffix otherwise returns False.
False True True True
True True False
- Python | startswith() and endswith() functions
- Python | Pandas Series.str.endswith()
- Python | Numpy np.char.endswith() method
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- Python | Merge Tuple String List values to String
- Python - Remove front K characters from each string in String List
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Sorting string using order defined by another string
- Python | Delimited String List to String Matrix
- Python - Length of shortest string in string list
- Python - Remove String from String List
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- String slicing in Python to rotate a string
- Python | Sort each String in String list
- String Alignment in Python f-string
- String to Int and Int to String in Python
- Python | Add one string to another
- Python String | min()
- Python String
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.