The comparison operator called Equal Operator is the double equal sign “==”. This operator accepts two inputs to compare and returns true value if both of the values are same (It compares only value of variable, not data types) and returns false value if both of the values are not same.
This should always be kept in mind that the present equality operator == is different from the assignment operator =. The assignment operator assigns the variable on the left to have a new value as the variable on right, while the equal operator == tests for equality and returns true or false as per the comparison results.
Both strings are equal
The strcmp() is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to compare two strings. This function is case-sensitive which points that capital and small cases will be treated differently, during comparison. This function compares two strings and tells whether the first string is greater or smaller or equals to the second string.
strcmp( $string1, $string2 )
Parameters: This function accepts two parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- $string1: This parameter refers to the first string to be used in the comparison. It is mandatory parameter.
- $string2: This parameter refers to the second string to be used in the comparison. It is mandatory parameter.
Return Values: The function returns a random integer value depending on the condition of match, which is given by:
- Returns 0 if the strings are equal.
- Returns a negative value (< 0), if $string2 is greater than $string1.
- Returns a positive value (> 0) if $string1 is greater than $string2.
Both strings are not equal
- PHP | strcmp() Function
- How do the PHP equality (== double equals) and identity (=== triple equals) comparison operators differ?
- Comparison between static and instance method in PHP
- Java 11 - Features and Comparison
- Comparison - Centralized, Decentralized and Distributed Systems
- Comparison between GraphQL & RESTful Architecture
- Comparison between Lists and Array in Python
- AngularJS vs Angular2 | Features and Comparison
- PHP | Get PHP configuration information using phpinfo()
- PHP | Program to check a string is a rotation of another string
- Generating Random String Using PHP
- How to check if URL contain certain string using PHP?
- How to create a string by joining the array elements using PHP ?
- How to remove white spaces only beginning/end of a string using PHP ?
- PHP 5 vs PHP 7
- PHP | php.ini File Configuration
- How to import config.php file in a PHP script ?