The center() method creates and returns a new string which is padded with the specified character.
string.center(length[, fillchar]) Parameters: length: length of the string after padding with the characters. fillchar:(optional) characters which needs to be padded. If it's not provided, space is taken as default argument. Returns: returns a string padded with specified fillchar and it doesn't modify the original string.
After padding String is: geeks for geeks
After padding String is: ****geeks for geeks*****
- Python String | ljust(), rjust(), center()
- Python String Methods | Set 2 (len, count, center, ljust, rjust, isalpha, isalnum, isspace & join)
- Python | Pandas Series.str.center()
- numpy.defchararray.center() in Python
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Sorting string using order defined by another string
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- String slicing in Python to rotate a string
- Python String
- Python String | min()
- Python String | max()
- Python | Add one string to another
- Python | String startswith()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.