The Java.lang.StrictMath.IEEEremainder() is an inbuilt method of StrictMath class which is used to perform the remainder operation on given two arguments as prescribed by the IEEE 754 standard. The remainder value is mathematically equal to , where rem is the mathematical integer closest to exact mathematical value of the quotient , and when two mathematical integers are equally close to , and n is an even integer. It gives rise to two special results:
- Its sign is same as the sign of the first argument when the remainder is zero.
- It returns NaN when either argument is NaN, or num1 is infinite, or num2 is positive or negative zero.
- The result is same as the num1 when num1 is finite and the num2 is infinite.
public static double IEEEremainder(double num1, double num2)
Parameters: The method accepts two parameters :
- num1: This is of double type which is the dividend.
- num2 This is als of double type which is the divisor.
Return Value: The method returns the remainder when num1 is divided by num2.
Input: num1 = 100.61d num2 = 5.32d Output: -0.47000000000000597
Below programs illustrate the Java.lang.StrictMath.IEEEremainder() method:
Remainder value of 5651.51 & 61.79 = 28.620000000000296
Remainder value is = 70.55
- Java Math IEEEremainder() method with Examples
- StrictMath tan() Method in Java
- StrictMath exp() Method in Java
- StrictMath sin() Method in Java
- StrictMath log() Method In Java
- StrictMath pow() Method in Java
- StrictMath acos() Method in Java
- StrictMath atan() Method in Java
- StrictMath log1p() Method in Java
- StrictMath rint() Method in Java
- StrictMath round() method in Java
- StrictMath nextDown() Method in Java
- StrictMath max() Method in Java With Examples
- StrictMath nextAfter() Method in Java
- StrictMath toDegrees() Method in Java
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.