The java.lang.StrictMath.asin() is an inbuilt method of StrictMath class which is used to return the arc sine of a specified value. The returned angle is in within the range of -pi/2 and pi/2. The method gives rise to two special results:
- If the absolute value of the argument is greater than 1 or the argument is itself a NaN then the result is also NaN.
- If the passed argument is 0, then the output is also 0 with the same sign as the argument.
public static double asin(double val)
Parameters: This method accepts one parameter val of double type and refers to the value whose arc sine is to be returned.
Return Value : The method returns the arc sine value of the argument.
Input: val = 0.72 Output: 0.80380231893303 Input: val = 7.0 Output: NAN Input: val = 0.0 Output: 0.0
Below programs illustrate the java.lang.StrictMath.asin() method:
The arc sine value is = 0.7075844367253556 The arc sine value is = NaN The arc sine value is = 0.0
The arc sine value is = -1.015985293814825 The arc sine value is = NaN The arc sine value is= 0.0
- StrictMath ulp() Method In Java with Examples
- StrictMath min() Method in Java with Examples
- StrictMath cos() Method in Java with Examples
- StrictMath fma() method in Java with Examples
- StrictMath max() Method in Java With Examples
- StrictMath multiplyHigh() method in Java with Examples
- StrictMath ceil() Method in Java with Examples
- StrictMath toIntExact() Method in Java with Examples
- StrictMath multiplyFull() method in Java with Examples
- StrictMath expm1() Method in Java With Examples
- Java Math asin() method with Example
- StrictMath subtractExact() in Java With Examples
- StrictMath exp() Method in Java
- StrictMath log() Method In Java
- StrictMath tan() Method in Java
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.