Stream allMatch(Predicate predicate) returns whether all elements of this stream match the provided predicate. It may not evaluate the predicate on all elements if not necessary for determining the result. This is a short-circuiting terminal operation. A terminal operation is short-circuiting if, when presented with infinite input, it may terminate in finite time.
boolean allMatch(Predicate<? super T> predicate) Where, T is the type of the input to the predicate and the function returns true if either all elements of the stream match the provided predicate or the stream is empty, otherwise false.
Note : If the stream is empty then true is returned and the predicate is not evaluated. Once any function is done using the stream it can’t be used again until it is re-initialize.
Example 1 : allMatch() function to check whether all elements are divisible by 3.
Example 2 : allMatch() function to check whether strings have length greater than 2.
Example 3 : allMatch() function to check whether all strings have UpperCase character at 1st index.
Example 4 : Multiple function done using same stream
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- IntStream allMatch() in Java with examples
- DoubleStream allMatch() in Java with examples
- LongStream allMatch() in Java with examples
- Character Stream Vs Byte Stream in Java
- Difference between Stream.of() and Arrays.stream() method in Java
- foreach() loop vs Stream foreach() vs Parallel Stream foreach()
- Stream skip() method in Java with examples
- Stream.reduce() in Java with examples
- Stream.max() method in Java with Examples
- Stream min() method in Java with Examples
- Stream generate() method in Java with examples
- Stream count() method in Java with examples
- Stream.of(T... values) in Java with examples
- Stream.of(T t) in Java with examples
- Stream peek() in Java with examples
- Stream map() in Java with examples
- Stream mapToInt() in Java with examples
- Stream mapToLong() in Java with examples
- Stream mapToDouble() in Java with examples
- Stream anyMatch() in Java with examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vineetkaushik