Stern Brocot sequence is similar to Fibonacci sequence but it is different in the way fibonacci sequence is generated . Generation of Stern Brocot sequence :
1. First and second element of the sequence is 1 and 1.
2. Consider the second member of the sequence . Then, sum the considered member of the sequence and it’s precedent i.e (1 + 1 = 2) . Now 2 is the next element of our series . Sequence will be [ 1, 1, 2 ]
3. After this element, our next element of the sequence will be the considered element of our second step. Now the sequence will be [ 1, 1, 2, 1 ]
4. Again we do the step 2, but now the considered element will be 2(3rd element ). So, next number of sequence will be sum of considered number and it’s precedent (2 + 1 = 3). Sequence will be now [ 1, 1, 2, 1, 3 ]
5. Like step 3, the next element will be the considered element i.e 2 . Thus sequence will be [ 1, 1, 2, 1, 3, 2 ]
6. Hence this process continues, now next considered element will be 1( 4th element ) .
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.