It replaces each element in the range [first, last) that is equal to oldValue with newValue. The function uses operator == to compare the individual elements to old_value.
template <class ForwardIterator, class T> void replace (ForwardIterator first, ForwardIterator last, const T& old_value, const T& new_value); first, last : the range of elements to process old_value : the value of elements to replace new_value : the value to use as replacement
Demonstration of replace Hello World ! Hello Geeks ! Hello to all ! Hello to all!!!!
replace_if() replaces each element in the range [first, last) for which the unary predicate i.e. op(elem) yields true with newValue.
template <class ForwardIterator, class UnaryPredicate, class T> void replace_if (ForwardIterator first, ForwardIterator last, UnaryPredicate pred, const T& new_value ); Unary predicate are just functions that take a single parameter and return a Boolean value. It is used to check whether an element fits the criterion
Before replace_if : A B C D E F G After replace_if : V B C D V F G
Related Article : std::string::replace_copy(), std::string::replace_copy_if
This article is contributed by Sakshi Tiwari. If you like GeeksforGeeks(We know you do!) and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Generate a random permutation of elements from range [L, R] (Divide and Conquer)
- Passing and Returning Objects in C++
- Train a Support Vector Machine to recognize facial features in C++
- Salesforce Interview Experience | On-Campus for FTE
- unordered_set operators in C++ STL
- Dividing a Large file into Separate Modules in C/C++, Java and Python
- How to delete a range of values from the List using Iterator
- How to create a List with Constructor in C++ STL
- How to delete last element from a List in C++ STL
- Can C++ reference member be declared without being initialized with declaration?
- Finding Floor and Ceil of a Sorted Array using C++ STL
- Some useful C++ tricks for beginners in Competitive Programming
- Replace each node with its Surpasser Count in Linked List
- Comparison of Java with other programming languages
- Print multiples of Unit Digit of Given Number