It replaces each element in the range [first, last) that is equal to oldValue with newValue. The function uses operator == to compare the individual elements to old_value.
template <class ForwardIterator, class T> void replace (ForwardIterator first, ForwardIterator last, const T& old_value, const T& new_value); first, last : the range of elements to process old_value : the value of elements to replace new_value : the value to use as replacement
Demonstration of replace Hello World ! Hello Geeks ! Hello to all ! Hello to all!!!!
replace_if() replaces each element in the range [first, last) for which the unary predicate i.e. op(elem) yields true with newValue.
template <class ForwardIterator, class UnaryPredicate, class T> void replace_if (ForwardIterator first, ForwardIterator last, UnaryPredicate pred, const T& new_value ); Unary predicate are just functions that take a single parameter and return a Boolean value. It is used to check whether an element fits the criterion
Before replace_if : A B C D E F G After replace_if : V B C D V F G
Related Article : std::string::replace_copy(), std::string::replace_copy_if
This article is contributed by Sakshi Tiwari. If you like GeeksforGeeks(We know you do!) and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Difference between Private and Protected in C++ with Example
- Difference between Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Difference between Single and Multiple Inheritance in C++
- Difference between Abstraction and Encapsulation in C++
- return statement in C/C++ with Examples
- How to implement our own Vector Class in C++?
- Web Programming in C++
- C++ Program to print an Array using Recursion
- Storage Classes in C++ with Examples
- fill_n() function in C++ STL with examples
- fill() function in C++ STL with examples
- How to erase an element from a vector using erase() and reverse_iterator?
- iomanip setbase() function in C++ with Examples
- iomanip setpricision() function in C++ with Examples
- iomanip setiosflags() function in C++ with Examples