The string content is set to an empty string, erasing any previous content and thus leaving its size at 0 characters.
Return Value: none
void string ::clear () - Removes all characters (makes string empty) - Doesn't throw any error - Receives no parameters and returns nothing
Before clear : Hello World! After clear :
Related Article: std::string::erase
This article is contributed by Sakshi Tiwari. If you like GeeksforGeeks (We know you do!) and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Stack of Pair in C++ STL with Examples
- Modulo Operator (%) in C/C++ with Examples
- fpclassify() method in C/C++ with Examples
- Operator Overloading '<<' and '>>' operator in a linked list class
- How to find the Entry with largest Value in a C++ Map
- Visibility Modes in C++ with Examples
- Program to implement Separate Chaining in C++ STL without the use of pointers
- Speed up Code executions with help of Pragma in C/C++
- Vector of Vectors in C++ STL with Examples
- Array of Vectors in C++ STL
- Difference between Virtual function and Pure virtual function in C++
- cin get() in C++ with Examples
- Difference between Increment and Decrement Operators
- Map of Vectors in C++ STL with Examples
- Problem in comparing Floating point numbers and how to compare them correctly?