C++ offers various standard template libraries to be used. One of them is memchr() function which will search for the first occurrence of a character in a specified number of characters.
const void* memchr( const void* ptr, int ch, std::size_t count ); Parameters : ptr : Pointer to the object to be searched for. ch : Character to search for. count : Number of character to be searched for. Return value: If the character is found, the memchr() function returns a pointer to the location of the character, otherwise returns null pointer.
s is present in first 13 characters of "This is a sample"
search character found
This article is contributed by Pranav. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Why do we need reference variables if we have pointers
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Macros and its types in C/C++
- How to find index of a given element in a Vector in C++
- Print all lexicographical greater permutations of a given string
- Introduction to Complex Objects and Composition
- NULL undeclared error in C/C++ and how to resolve it
- std::remove_const in C++ with Examples
- All possible values of floor(N/K) for all values of K
- Finding Median of unsorted Array in linear time using C++ STL
- Average of Cubes of first N natural numbers
- Top 10 Programming Languages for Blockchain Development
- Memory Allocation in Static Data Members in C++
- Exception header in C++ with examples
- Mutual friendship of Classes in C++ with Examples