The std::make_signed template of C++ STL is present in the <type_traits> header file. The std::make_signed template of C++ STL is used to get the signed type corresponding to T(Triat class), by keeping any cv-qualifiers. It can be checked using std::is_same::value function whether the given type T is signed type or not.
template< class T > struct make_signed; template<class T> using make_signed_t = typename make_signed<T>::type;
Parameter: The template std::make_signed accepts a single parameter T(Trait class) and maked the type T as a signed type.
Below is the program to demonstrate std::make_signed in C++:
A is signed type? true B is signed type? true C is signed type? false D is signed type? true E is signed type? false
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- isalpha() and isdigit() functions in C with cstring examples.
- Pointers in C/C++ with Examples
- strtok() and strtok_r() functions in C with examples
- memset() in C with examples
- std::mismatch() with examples in C++
- wcscpy() function in C++ with Examples
- wcscmp() function in C++ with Examples
- set_symmetric_difference in C++ with Examples
- ratio_equal() in C++ with examples
- std::equal_to in C++ with Examples
- quick_exit() function in C++ with Examples
- feclearexcept in C++ with Examples
- Understanding Lvalues, PRvalues and Xvalues in C/C++ with Examples
- multiset lower_bound() in C++ STL with Examples
- multiset upper_bound() in C++ STL with Examples
- multiset max_size() in C++ STL with Examples
- forward_list max_size() in C++ STL with Examples
- std::allocator() in C++ with Examples
- array data() in C++ STL with Examples
- multiset size() in C++ STL with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.