Finds the element in the given range of numbers. Returns an iterator to the first element in the range [first,last) that compares equal to val. If no such element is found, the function returns last.
Function Template :
InputIterator find (InputIterator first, InputIterator last, const T& val)
Input iterators to the initial and final positions in a sequence. The range
searched is [first,last), which contains all the elements between first and
last, including the element pointed by first but not the element pointed by last.
Value to be search in the range
Return Value :
An iterator to the first element in the range that compares equal to val.
If no elements match, the function returns last.
Input : 10 20 30 40 Output : Element 30 found at position : 2 (counting from zero) Input : 8 5 9 2 7 1 3 10 Output : Element 4 not found.
Original vector : 10 20 30 40 Element 30 found at position : 2 (counting from zero)
This article is contributed by Sachin Bisht. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Stack of Pair in C++ STL with Examples
- Modulo Operator (%) in C/C++ with Examples
- fpclassify() method in C/C++ with Examples
- Operator Overloading '<<' and '>>' operator in a linked list class
- How to find the Entry with largest Value in a C++ Map
- Visibility Modes in C++ with Examples
- Program to implement Separate Chaining in C++ STL without the use of pointers
- Speed up Code executions with help of Pragma in C/C++
- Vector of Vectors in C++ STL with Examples
- Array of Vectors in C++ STL
- Difference between Virtual function and Pure virtual function in C++
- cin get() in C++ with Examples
- Difference between Increment and Decrement Operators
- Map of Vectors in C++ STL with Examples
- Problem in comparing Floating point numbers and how to compare them correctly?
Improved By : dietrichflo68