Finds the element in the given range of numbers. Returns an iterator to the first element in the range [first,last) that compares equal to val. If no such element is found, the function returns last.
Function Template :
InputIterator find (InputIterator first, InputIterator last, const T& val)
Input iterators to the initial and final positions in a sequence. The range
searched is [first,last), which contains all the elements between first and
last, including the element pointed by first but not the element pointed by last.
Value to be search in the range
Return Value :
An iterator to the first element in the range that compares equal to val.
If no elements match, the function returns last.
Input : 10 20 30 40 Output : Element 30 found at position : 2 (counting from zero) Input : 8 5 9 2 7 1 3 10 Output : Element 4 not found.
Original vector : 10 20 30 40 Element 30 found at position : 2 (counting from zero)
This article is contributed by Sachin Bisht. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- What happens if we mix new and free in C++?
- VS Code | Build, Run and Debug in C++
- VS Code | Compile and Run in C++
- Difference between sizeof(int *) and sizeof(int) in C/C++
- Runtime and Compile-time constants in C++
- Efficient ways to compare a variable with multiple values
- Overloading the Comma Operator
- Difference between C++ and PHP
- Custom Jumble Word Game
- Comparator Class in C++ with Examples
- Complete Guide to Install C++17 in Windows
- Features of C++
- Draw a triangle in C++ graphics
- Implementation of lower_bound() and upper_bound() in List of Pairs in C++
- How to Setup VSCode with C, C++ and Python for Competitive Programming
Improved By : dietrichflo68