What is Website?
Website is the collection of web pages, different multimedia content such as text, images, and videos which can be accessed by the URL which you can see in the address bar of the browser. For example: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org
How to access Websites?
When we type certain URL in a browser search bar, the browser requests the page from the Web server and the Web server returns the required web page and its content to the browser. Now, it differs how the server returns the information required in case of static and dynamic websites.
Types of Website:
- Static Website
- Dynamic Website
Note: Static does not mean that it will not respond to user actions, These Websites are called static because these cannot be manipulated on the server or interaction with databases (which is the case in Dynamic Websites).
Dynamic Website: In Dynamic Websites, Web pages are returned by the server which are processed during runtime means they are not prebuilt web pages but they are built during runtime according to the user’s demand with the help of server-side scripting languages such as PHP, Node.js, ASP.NET and many more supported by the server. So, they are slower than static websites but updates and interaction with databases are possible.
Dynamic Websites are used over Static Websites as updates can be done very easily as compared to static websites (Where altering in every page is required) but in Dynamic Websites, it is possible to do a common change once and it will reflect in all the web pages.
Difference Between Static and Dynamic Websites:
|Static Website||Dynamic Website|
|Content of Web pages can not be change at runtime.||Content of Web pages can be changed.|
|No interation with database possible.||Interaction with database is possible|
|It is faster to load as compared to dynamic website.||It is slower then static website.|
|Cheaper Development costs.||More Development costs.||No feature of Content Management.||Feature of Content Management System.|
|Same content is delivered everytime the page is loaded.||Content may change everytime the page is loaded.|
- Understanding "static" in "public static void main" in Java
- Difference between static and non-static variables in Java
- Difference between static and non-static method in Java
- How cookies are used in a website?
- CSS | Website Layout
- Difference Between Web application and Website
- How to Remove Unused CSS From Your Website ?
- Website Blocker Using Python
- What is the Difference between Website and Web Portal
- Making a QR code for a website
- Difference between Website and Blog
- Ways to track a Website
- 8 Ways to Shipwreck Your Next Website Design
- HTML Course | Building Header of the Website
- Top 10 Free Resources For App And Website Themes
Improved By : ayushbansal_