Stack in STL Stacks are a type of container adaptors with LIFO(Last In First Out) type of working, where a new element is added at one end and (top) an element is removed from that end only.
Pair in STL The pair container is a simple container defined in header consisting of two data elements or objects. The first element is referenced as ‘first’ and the second element as ‘second’ and the order is fixed (first, second).
Stack of pair in STL: Stack of pair can be very efficient in designing complex data structures.
stack<pair<datatype, datatype>> stack_of_pair;
Below is an example to show the Stack of Pairs:
Stack of Pairs: (7, 9) (5, 10) (1, 5) (15, 5) (10, 20) Size of Stack of Pairs: 5 Top of Stack of Pairs: (7, 9) Removing the top pair Current Stack of Pairs: (5, 10) (1, 5) (15, 5) (10, 20)
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Stack Permutations (Check if an array is stack permutation of other)
- Infix to Postfix using different Precedence Values for In-Stack and Out-Stack
- Find maximum in stack in O(1) without using additional stack
- stack empty() and stack size() in C++ STL
- Stack | Set 3 (Reverse a string using stack)
- Sort a stack using a temporary stack
- std::tuple, std::pair | Returning multiple values from a function using Tuple and Pair in C++
- stack top() in C++ STL
- Stack in C++ STL
- stack swap() in C++ STL
- stack emplace() in C++ STL
- Stack in Python
- stack push() and pop() in C++ STL
- Spaghetti Stack
- Pair with a given sum in BST | Set 2
- Reverse a number using stack
- Delete all even elements from a stack
- How to create mergable stack?
- Reverse the Sentence using Stack
- Stack Class in Java
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.