Mathematical functions are present in SQL server which can be used to perform mathematical calculations. Some commonly used mathematical functions are given below:
SQRT() function is the most commonly used function. It takes any numeric values and returns the square root value of that number.
2. PI(): There are calculations which require use of pi. Using pi() function, value of PI can be used anywhere in the query.
3. SQUARE(): SQUARE() function is used to find the square of any number.
4. ROUND(): ROUND() function is used to round a value to the nearest specified decimal place.
SELECT ROUND(..value.., number_of_decimal_places)
5. CEILING() and FLOOR()
CEILING(): CEILING() function is used to find the next highest value (integer).
FLOOR(): FLOOR() function returns the next lowest value (integer).
- Mathematical functions in MySQL
- PLSQL | SQRT Function
- SQL | Functions (Aggregate and Scalar Functions)
- PLSQL | FLOOR Function
- Mean and Mode in SQL Server
- Joins in MS SQL Server
- SQL Server | SERVERPROPERTY()
- Foreign key in MS SQL Server
- SQL Server Identity
- Introduction of MS SQL Server
- Primary key in MS SQL Server
- Having clause in MS SQL Server
- SQL SERVER | IN Condition
- Where clause in MS SQL Server
- Select top in MS SQL Server
- Order by in MS SQL Server
- Difference between MySQL and MS SQL Server
- Delete statement in MS SQL Server
- Unique Constraint in MS SQL Server
- Comparisons between Oracle vs SQL Server
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.