Given a string and a delimiter character. Split the string based on the delimiter and print the list of resulting sub strings.
Input : str = "geeks;for;geeks" d_ch = ';' Output : geeks for geeks Input : str = "##ayush##jauhari####" d_ch = '#' Output : ayush jauhari
splitStrings(str, substr_list, dl) Initialize word = "" Initialize num = 0 str = str + dl l = str.size for i = 0 to l-1 if str[i] != dl word = word + str[i] else if word.size != 0 substr_list[num] = word num++ word = "" return num
This algorithm will fill in the splitted substrings in the array substr_list and will return the number of such substrings as num.
geeks for geeks
Time Complexity: O(n), where n is the length of the given string.
- Replace two substrings (of a string) with each other
- Number of substrings of a string
- Program to print all substrings of a given string
- Lexicographical concatenation of all substrings of a string
- Number of even substrings in a string of digits
- Different substrings in a string that start and end with given strings
- Sum of all substrings of a string representing a number | Set 1
- Count of substrings of a binary string containing K ones
- Number of substrings of one string present in other
- How to split a string in C/C++, Python and Java?
- Number of substrings with odd decimal value in a binary string
- Number of substrings divisible by 6 in a string of integers
- Minimum changes to a string to make all substrings distinct
- Counting even decimal value substrings in a binary string
- Check if given string can be split into four distinct strings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.