You are given a number ‘N’. Your task is to split this number into 3 positive integers x, y and z, such that their sum is equal to ‘N’ and none of the 3 integers is a multiple of 3.Given that N>=2.
Input : N = 10
Output : x = 1, y = 2, z = 7
Note that x + y + z = N and x, y & z are not divisible by N.
Input : 18
Output :x = 1, y = 1, z = 16
To split N into 3 numbers we split N as
- If N is divisible by 3, then the numbers x, y, z can be 1, 1 and N-2, respectively.All x, y and z are not divisible by 3. And (1)+(1)+(N-2)=N .
- If N is not divisible by 3 then N-3 will also not be divisible by 3. Therefore, we can have x=1, y=2 and z=N-3.Also, (1)+(2)+(N-3)=N .
x = 1, y = 2, z = 7
Time Complexity: O(1)
- Split the number into N parts such that difference between the smallest and the largest part is minimum
- Partition a number into two divisible parts
- Divide number into two parts divisible by given numbers
- Possible cuts of a number such that maximum parts are divisible by 3
- Divide N into K unique parts such that gcd of those parts is maximum
- Break the number into three parts
- Divide a number into two parts
- Divide a big number into two parts that differ by k
- Sum of all second largest divisors after splitting a number into one or more parts
- Divide a number into two parts such that sum of digits is maximum
- Number of ways N can be divided into four parts to construct a rectangle
- Break a number such that sum of maximum divisors of all parts is minimum
- Find the number of ways to divide number into four parts such that a = c and b = d
- Count number of ways to divide a number in 4 parts
- Number of ways to split a binary number such that every part is divisible by 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.