IBM Watson Studio is an integrated environment designed to develop, train, manage models, and deploy AI-powered applications and is a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution delivered on the IBM Cloud. The IBM Cloud provides lots of services like Speech To Text, Text To Speech, Visual Recognition, Natural Language Classifier, Language Translator, etc.
The Speech to Text service transcribes audio to text to enable speech transcription capabilities for applications.
Create an instance of the service
- Go to the Speech to Text page in the IBM Cloud Catalog.
- Sign up for a free IBM Cloud account or log in.
- Click Create.
Copy the Credentials to Authenticate to your service instance
- From the IBM Cloud Resource list, click on your Speech to Text service instance to go to the Speech to Text service dashboard page.
- On the Manage page, click Show Credentials to view your credentials.
- Copy the API Key and URL values.
- ibm_watson: This module does not comes pre-defined with Python. To install it type the below command in the terminal.
pip install ibm_watson
Now you’re ready to use the IBM Cloud Services.
Below code illustrates the use of IBM Watson studio’s Speech To Text Service using Python and web socket interface
The Output will be Transcript (Text) of audio file.
- Python: Convert Speech to text and text to Speech
- Speech Recognition in Python using Google Speech API
- Convert Text to Speech in Python using win32com.client
- Python | Text to Speech by using pyttsx3
- Text to speech GUI convertor using Tkinter in Python
- Convert Text to Speech in Python
- Text-To-Speech changing voice in Python
- Python Text To Speech | pyttsx module
- Python | Convert image to text and then to speech
- Part of Speech Tagging with Stop words using NLTK in python
- Python | Part of Speech Tagging using TextBlob
- Python - Get Today's Current Day using Speech Recognition
- How to build a simple Calculator app using Android Studio?
- How to create a Stopwatch App using Android Studio
- NLP | Part of Speech - Default Tagging
- NLP | Part of speech tagged - word corpus
- Python | Speech recognition on large audio files
- Convert Text and Text File to PDF using Python
- Android | AdMob Banner Ads for Android Studio
- Android | AdMob Interstitial Ads for Android Studio