IBM Watson Studio is an integrated environment designed to develop, train, manage models, and deploy AI-powered applications and is a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution delivered on the IBM Cloud. The IBM Cloud provides lots of services like Speech To Text, Text To Speech, Visual Recognition, Natural Language Classifier, Language Translator, etc.
The Speech to Text service transcribes audio to text to enable speech transcription capabilities for applications.
Create an instance of the service
- Go to the Speech to Text page in the IBM Cloud Catalog.
- Sign up for a free IBM Cloud account or log in.
- Click Create.
Copy the Credentials to Authenticate to your service instance
- From the IBM Cloud Resource list, click on your Speech to Text service instance to go to the Speech to Text service dashboard page.
- On the Manage page, click Show Credentials to view your credentials.
- Copy the API Key and URL values.
- ibm_watson: This module does not comes pre-defined with Python. To install it type the below command in the terminal.
pip install ibm_watson
Now you’re ready to use the IBM Cloud Services.
Below code illustrates the use of IBM Watson studio’s Speech To Text Service using Python and web socket interface
The Output will be Transcript (Text) of audio file.
- Python: Convert Speech to text and text to Speech
- Python | Text to Speech by using pyttsx3
- Convert Text to Speech in Python
- Python | Convert image to text and then to speech
- Python Text To Speech | pyttsx module
- Text-To-Speech changing voice in Python
- Convert Text to Speech in Python using win32com.client
- Speech Recognition in Python using Google Speech API
- Toasts for Android Studio
- How to create a Stopwatch App using Android Studio
- 10 Important Android Studio Shortcuts You Need the Most
- How to build a simple Calculator app using Android Studio?
- NLP | Part of Speech - Default Tagging
- Python | Part of Speech Tagging using TextBlob
- NLP | Part of speech tagged - word corpus
- Python | Speech recognition on large audio files
- Transforming a Plain Text message to Cipher Text
- Part of Speech Tagging with Stop words using NLTK in python
- Convert Text and Text File to PDF using Python
- Android | AdMob Banner Ads for Android Studio
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.