Bootstrap has many facility of classes to easily style elements in HTML. It include a various responsive padding and margin classes for modification of the appearance of element. Spacing utilities have no breakpoints symbols to apply to the breakpoints.
Following Syntax are used in the Various Classes for adding spacing:
- (property)(sides)-(size) for xs
- (property)(sides)-(breakpoint)-(size) for sm, md, lg, and xl.
Property : There are two ways of adding spacing to the elements.
- m: This property defines the margin. Margin provide with an edge or border.
- p: This property defines the padding. Padding properties are used to generate space around a content.
Sides : This allows user to add spacing in content to a specific side wherever required.
- t : margin-top/padding-top.
- b : margin-bottom/padding-bottom.
- l : margin-left/padding-left.
- r : margin-right/padding-right.
- x : for padding-left and padding-right/margin-left and margin-right.
- y : for padding-top and padding-bottom/margin-top and margin-bottom.
- blank : margin/padding on all sides of the element.
Size: This allows user to add a specific amount of spacing to a level.
- 0 – 0px margin/padding.
- 1 – 4px margin/padding.
- 2 – 8px margin/padding.
- 3 – 16px margin/padding.
- 4 – 24px margin/padding.
- 5 – 48px margin/padding.
- auto – auto margin.
Breakpoint: Breakpoints are points where the website content can adjust according to the device and allow to show the best layout to the user.
- sm, md, lg and xl are following breakpoints.
- For breakpoint – xs:
- For breakpoint – md:
- For breakpoint – lg:
- For breakpoint – xl:
Responsive Spacing Table:
|Appears on all||.ml-3|
|Appears only on xs||.ml-3 .ml-sm-0|
|Appears only on sm||.ml-sm-3 .ml-md-0|
|Appears only on md||.ml-md-3 .ml-lg-0|
|Appears only on lg||.ml-lg-3 .d-xl-0|
|Appears only on xl||.ml-xl-3|
- CSS | word-spacing Property
- CSS | letter-spacing Property
- CSS border-spacing Property
- How to change character spacing of text canvas using Fabric.js ?
- SVG word-spacing Attribute
- Include Bootstrap in AngularJS using ng-bootstrap
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- Difference Between Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4
- Difference between Bootstrap 4 and Bootstrap 5
- Responsive images in Bootstrap with Examples
- Visibility of elements in bootstrap with Examples
- Vertical alignment in Bootstrap with Examples
- List group in bootstrap with examples
- Containers in Bootstrap with examples
- Bootstrap | Close Icon for dismissing content with Examples
- Bootstrap | figure class with Examples
- Bootstrap | Float utilities with Examples
- BootStrap | Positioning an element with Examples
- Bootstrap | Sizing an element with Examples
- Borders in bootstrap with examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.