We have discussed some of the cases of sorting vector of pairs in below set 1.
More cases are discussed in this article
Sometimes we require to sort the vector in reverse order. In those instances, rather than first sorting the vector and later using “reverse” function increases time complexity of code. Therefore, to avoid this we sort the vector in descending order directly.
Case 3 : Sorting the vector elements on the basis of first element of pairs in descending order.
For these instances, we modify the sort() function and we pass a third argument, a call to an user defined explicit function in the sort() function.
The vector before applying sort is: 5 30 20 60 10 20 40 50 The vector after applying sort is: 40 50 20 60 10 20 5 30
Case 4 : Sorting the vector elements on the basis of second element of pairs in descending order.
These instances can also be handled by modifying “sort()” function and again passing a call to user defined function.
The vector before sort operation is: 5 30 20 60 10 20 40 50 The vector after applying sort operation is: 20 60 40 50 5 30 10 20
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Sorting of Vector of Tuple in C++ (Descending Order)
- Sorting 2D Vector in C++ | Set 2 (In descending order by row and column)
- How to sort a Vector in descending order using STL in C++?
- Sorting Vector of Pairs in C++ | Set 1 (Sort by first and second)
- Sorting rows of matrix in ascending order followed by columns in descending order
- Sorting rows of matrix in descending order followed by columns in ascending order
- How to sort an Array in descending order using STL in C++?
- Stable sort for descending order
- Program to sort string in descending order
- Sort prime numbers of an array in descending order
- Sorting of Vector of Tuple in C++ (Ascending Order)
- Sort all even numbers in ascending order and then sort all odd numbers in descending order
- Sort first k values in ascending order and remaining n-k values in descending order
- Sort first half in ascending and second half in descending order | Set 2
- Sort first half in ascending and second half in descending order | 1