Pandas DataFrame is two-dimensional size-mutable, potentially heterogeneous tabular data structure with labeled axes (rows and columns). We often need to do certain operations on both rows and column while handling the data.
Let’s see how to sort rows in pandas DataFrame.
Code #1: Sorting rows by Science
Sorting rows by Science: English Maths Science name 1 4 5 9 Marsh 0 7 8 7 Simon 4 8 7 7 Selena 2 7 6 5 Gaurav 3 6 9 4 Alex
Code #2: Sort rows by Maths and then by English.
Sort rows by Maths and then by English: English Maths Science name 1 4 5 9 Marsh 2 7 6 5 Gaurav 4 8 7 7 Selena 0 7 8 7 Simon 3 6 9 4 Alex
Code #3: If you want missing values first.
English Maths Science name 3 6 9 4 Alex 2 7 6 5 Gaurav 0 7 8 7 Simon 4 8 7 7 Selena 1 4 5 9 Marsh
As there are no missing values in this example this will produce same output as the above one, but sorted in ascending order.
- Ranking Rows of Pandas DataFrame
- How to Select Rows from Pandas DataFrame?
- Get all rows in a Pandas DataFrame containing given substring
- How to iterate over rows in Pandas Dataframe
- Pandas - How to shuffle a DataFrame rows
- How to Drop Rows with NaN Values in Pandas DataFrame?
- Different ways to iterate over rows in Pandas Dataframe
- How to get rows/index names in Pandas dataframe
- Create a list from rows in Pandas DataFrame | Set 2
- Dealing with Rows and Columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Create a list from rows in Pandas dataframe
- Iterating over rows and columns in Pandas DataFrame
- How to randomly select rows from Pandas DataFrame
- Count the number of rows and columns of Pandas dataframe
- Count all rows or those that satisfy some condition in Pandas dataframe
- How to drop rows in Pandas DataFrame by index labels?
- Selecting rows in pandas DataFrame based on conditions
- Count the number of rows and columns of a Pandas dataframe
- Sort rows or columns in Pandas Dataframe based on values
- Select Rows & Columns by Name or Index in Pandas DataFrame using [ ], loc & iloc