Prerequisite: Selection Sort
In this article, we are going to apply selection sort algorithm, in which the source of input is A FILE CONTAINING 10000 INTEGERS and output will be the total time taken to sort.
Important functions to be used:
- rand(): Used to generate random numbers.
- fopen(): Used to open file .
- fscanf(): Used to scan data from file .
- clock(): Return the number of clock cycle
Program to generate random number in a file “random.txt”
- clock_t or Clock ticks are units of time of a constant but system-specific length, as those returned by function clock.
Algorithm for this program:
- Open the file using fopen().
- Scan the file and copy it to the array using fscanf().
- Apply any sorting algorithm that you want.
- Print to console.
Below are the implementation of above algorithm.
Want to learn from the best curated videos and practice problems, check out the C Foundation Course for Basic to Advanced C.