An algorithm like Quicksort algorithm is hard to understand theoretically. We can understand easily by visualizing such kind of algorithms. In this article, a program that visualizes the Quicksort Algorithm has been implemented.
The Graphical User Interface(GUI) is implemented in python using pygame library.
- An array of random values is generated and are drawn as lines(bars) in the window.
- Since the algorithm performs the operation very fast, pygame.time.delay() has been used to slow down the process.
- Assign specific keys for each operation (start sorting, reset bars).
- The actions are performed using
‘pygame.event.get()’method, which stores all the events which user performs.
- Different colors are used to indicate types of bar.
- Green – Unsorted bar
- Blue – Pivot bar
- Orange – Sorted bar
Please make sure to install the pygame library in your system.
Below is the implementation of the above visualizer:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.