Sorting algorithm visualization : Heap Sort
An algorithm like Heap sort can be understood easily by visualizing. In this article, a program that visualizes the Heap Sort Algorithm has been implemented.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.
Generate random array and fill the pygame window with bars. Bars are straight vertical lines, which represents array elements.
- Set all bars to green color (unsorted).
- Heapify the array to perform sorting.
- After Heapify, large bars are at the beginning followed by smaller bars.
- Use pygame.time.delay() to slow down the algorithm, so that we can see the sorting process.
- Implement a timer to see how the algorithm performs.
- The actions are performed using ‘pygame.event.get()’ method, which stores all the events which user performs, such as start, reset.
- Blue color is used to highlight bars that are involved in sorting at a particular time.
- Orange color highlights the bars sorted.
Press “Enter” key to Perform Visualization.
Press “R” key to generate new array.
After heapification of array:
Please make sure to install the pygame library before running the below program.
Below is the implementation of the above visualizer: