We are given a 2D array of order N X M and a column number K ( 1<=K<=m). Our task is to sort the 2D array according to values in the Column K.
Input : If our 2D array is given as (Order 4X4) 39 27 11 42 10 93 91 90 54 78 56 89 24 64 20 65 Sorting it by values in column 3 Output : 39 27 11 42 24 64 20 65 54 78 56 89 10 93 91 90
The Idea is to use Arrays.sort in Java.
39 27 11 42 24 64 20 65 54 78 56 89 10 93 91 90
Time complexity : O(n Log n) where n is number of rows. Here assumption is that the sort() function uses a O(n Log n) sorting algorithm.
This article is contributed by DANISH KALEEM. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Sorting a Hashmap according to values
- Default array values in Java
- Sorting in Java
- Row wise sorting in 2D array
- Sorting a HashMap according to keys in Java
- Sorting collection of String and StringBuffer in Java
- HashMap values() Method in Java
- IdentityHashMap values() Method in Java
- Returning Multiple values in Java
- EnumMap values() Method in Java
- Stream.of(T... values) in Java with examples
- Iterating over Enum Values in Java
- How to set Precision for Double values in Java?
- TreeMap values() Method in Java
- WeakHashMap values() Method in Java
- Provider values() method in Java with Examples
- SortedMap values() method in Java with Examples
- ConcurrentHashMap values() method in Java with Examples
- DayOfWeek values() method in Java with Examples
- TimeUnit values() method in Java with Examples