Given an integer X and a string str consisting of space-separated texts and numbers placed alternately, the task is to sort the string such that texts and numbers appear in decreasing order of numbers associated after removal of all numbers less than X. If two strings have the same values then sort them in the lexicographic order of the string.
Input: X = 79, str = “Geek 78 for 99 Geeks 88 Gfg 86”
for 99 Geeks 88 Gfg 86
“Eve 99” is removed, since the number associated to it is smaller than X(= 79)
Now, the reordered string string based on decreasing order of numbers associated is “Bob 99 Suzy 88 Alice 86”.
Input: X = 77, str = “Axc 78 Czt 60”
Output: Axc 78
Approach: The idea is to use the Bubble Sort technique. Follow the steps below to solve the problem:
- Split the string in to a list, then remove the entries that are less than the given value i.e. X.
- Sort the list based on the number associated with it using bubble sort method.
- If the numbers are not equal, sort the numbers in decreasing order and simultaneously sort the names.
- If the numbers are equal then sort them lexicographically.
- Swap both the strings and the number together in order to keep them together.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N2)
Auxiliary Space: O(N)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Sort first k values in ascending order and remaining n-k values in descending order
- Maximum removal from array when removal time >= waiting time
- Delete array elements which are smaller than next or become smaller
- Sort all even numbers in ascending order and then sort all odd numbers in descending order
- Sort even-placed elements in increasing and odd-placed in decreasing order
- Heap Sort for decreasing order using min heap
- Python List Comprehension | Sort even-placed elements in increasing and odd-placed in decreasing order
- Maximum length of balanced string after swapping and removal of characters
- Longest palindromic string possible after removal of a substring
- Lexicographically largest possible String after removal of K characters
- Find the element before which all the elements are smaller than it, and after which all are greater
- Minimum increments of Non-Decreasing Subarrays required to make Array Non-Decreasing
- Maximize a number considering permutations with values smaller than limit
- Find the minimum value from an array associated with another array
- Generate a Number in Decreasing order of Frequencies of characters of a given String
- Ropes left after every removal of smallest
- Minimize the maximum minimum difference after one removal from array
- Count of strings that become equal to one of the two strings after one removal
- Longest subarray of non-empty cells after removal of at most a single empty cell
- Maximize length of Subarray of 1's after removal of a pair of consecutive Array elements
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet