Given a string str, the task is to sort the string according to the frequency of each character, in ascending order. If two elements have the same frequency, then they are sorted in lexicographical order.
Input: str = “geeksforgeeks”
Frequency of characters: g2 e4 k2 s2 f1 o1 r1
Sorted characters according to frequency: f1 o1 r1 g2 k2 s2 e4
f, o, r occurs one time so they are ordered lexicographically and so are g, k and s.
Hence the final output is forggkksseeee.
Input: str = “abc”
Approach The idea is to store each character with its frequency in a vector of pairs and then sort the vector pairs according to the frequency stored. Finally, print the vector in order.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Sort an array of Strings according frequency
- Maximum length prefix such that frequency of each character is atmost number of characters with minimum frequency
- Check if frequency of character in one string is a factor or multiple of frequency of same character in other string
- Sort a string according to the order defined by another string
- Minimum characters to be replaced to make frequency of all characters same
- Sort an array of strings according to string lengths
- Sort the array of strings according to alphabetical order defined by another string
- Sort an array of strings according to string lengths using Map
- Comparison among Bubble Sort, Selection Sort and Insertion Sort
- Check if a string has all characters with same frequency with one variation allowed
- Remove even frequency characters from the string
- String with frequency of characters in Lucas Sequence
- Check whether frequency of characters in a string makes Fibonacci Sequence
- Character whose frequency is equal to the sum of frequencies of other characters of the given string
- Number of Positions to partition the string such that atleast m characters with same frequency are present in each substring
- Maximum repeated frequency of characters in a given string
- Remove odd frequency characters from the string
- Maximum difference between frequency of two elements such that element having greater frequency is also greater
- Generate a number such that the frequency of each digit is digit times the frequency in given number
- Count of Binary Strings of length N such that frequency of 1's exceeds frequency of 0's
Improved By : Yash_R