Sophos Technologies had visited our campus in September for the role of Software Development Engineer. The drive comprised of One Written Round and One Face to Face Interview.
Written test consisted of 40 Multiple choice Questions of C++ and Java, 20 each. In both the sections, questions were mainly output and OOP concepts based. The round was not very difficult, just required the good knowledge of OOP.
15 students were shortlisted for the next round.
Advice : The test was easy, just be thorough with Object Oriented Concepts of C++ and Java. Refer https://www.indiabix.com/ for practicing the Objecive type questions . 🙂
Round 2 (F2F Interview of around 30 minutes)
There were 2 interviewers, they were very chill and made sure that I was comfortable and then started.
They quickly went through my resume as there was Python written all over my resume. Then he asked some general questions like:
Why do you prefer Python? Which is better Python or Java and why?
Then he asked me about my Internship project and a few questions about how does a website work on the server part.
After the resume discussion, he gave me a choice between C++ and Java for the further discussion. I chose Java. Then he started questions from Round 1 Java Section, about how did you approached the particular question and all. After that, he started with Java Conceptual Questions.
- What is a Priority Queue ? From their the discussion went towards Heap, Binary Tree, Binary Search Tree. What is the difference between heap and a binary tree? What is BFS and DFS? What if we use any other data structure then Queue? Give any practical application of Priority Queue?
- How much memory does float take in Java?
- You are given declaration of variable in Java Code “float 45.4;”. Why is this illegal ?
- Can I store 45.40 in float ?
- Suppose if a Java codes get terminated before its final execution. What changes can you make in code to resolve this or how can we detect this problem in code?
- Can Segmentation fault be detected through try-catch block in Java? Which Exception is used for Segmentation fault ? What is a nullPointerException ?
- What is static ?
- *Suppose there is a class with some data members and functions, will it occupy any memory? Why or Why not? Suppose if we imported 1000 of classes from any library, will it be occupying any memory?
When the results were announced, Only 4 students were selected out of 15 and I was one of them. 🙂 🙂
The selection process was not very rigorous as they were very profile specific. They were looking for students with good knowledge of C++ and Java. Though you should have basic knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms. Also, have some knowledge of practical application of Data structures.
Advice: Prepare one of these two languages very well. And be thorough with Object Oriented Concepts. Keep practicing.
- Sophos Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus)
- Microsoft-IDC Interview Experience-SDE profile (on-campus for FTE)
- CarWale Interview Experience for SDE profile on Campus
- Oracle Interview Experience | Set 16 (On-Campus for GBU Developer Profile)
- Capital One Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus for Analyst Profile)
- Oracle Interview Experience (On-Campus for APPS Profile)
- Cognizant Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus for EBA-Automatika Profile)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 5(On-Campus for Software profile)
- Teradata Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus for Developer Profile)
- Wipro Turbo Interview Experience (PES profile) Campus recruitment
- Deloitte Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus Data Sciences Profile)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Set 55 (On-Campus Full Time for MTS profile)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 22 (On-Campus for Analyst profile)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Set 56 (Off-Campus Full Time for MTS profile)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 21 (On-Campus for Analyst profile)