Dynamic Testing is a type of Software Testing which is performed to analyze the dynamic behavior of the code. It includes the testing of the software for the input values and output values that are analyzed.
Dynamic Testing is basically performed to describe the dynamic behavior of code. It refers to the observation of the physical response from the system to variables that are not constant and change with time. To perform dynamic testing the software should be compiled and run. It includes working with the software by giving input values and checking if the output is as expected by executing particular test cases which can be done with either manually or with automation process.
In 2 V’s i.e., Verification and Validation, Validation is Dynamic Testing.
Levels of Dynamic Testing:
There are various levels of Dynamic Testing. They are:
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- System Testing
- Acceptance Testing
Dynamic Testing Process Phase:
Advantages of Dynamic Testing:
- It discloses very difficult and complex defects.
- Dynamic testing detects the defects that can’t be detected by static testing.
- It increases the quality of the software product or application being tested.
- Dynamic testing detects security threats and ensure the better secure application.
Disadvantages of Dynamic Testing:
- It is a time consuming process as in dynamic testing whole code is executed.
- It increases the budget of the software as dynamic testing is costly.
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Regression Testing and Re-Testing
- Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
- Software Testing | Globalization Testing
- Software Testing | Spike Testing
- Software Testing | Database Testing
- Software Testing | Fuzz Testing
- Gray Box Testing | Software Testing
- Acceptance Testing | Software Testing
- Sanity Testing | Software Testing
- Software Testing | Mutation Testing
- Software Testing | Load Testing
- Software Testing | Stability Testing
- Performance Testing | Software Testing
- Software Testing | Non-functional Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.