Several representation techniques are used for structured analysis and structured style. the subsequent supports could be offered from CASE tools. A CASE tool ought to support one or a lot of structured analysis and style techniques. It ought to support effortlessly drawing analysis and style diagrams. The CASE tool ought to give simple navigation through the various levels and thru the look and analysis.
The tool should support completeness and consistency checking across the look and analysis and thru all levels of research hierarchy. Whenever it’s potential, the system ought to forbid any inconsistent operation, however, it should be terribly tough to implement such a feature. Whenever there arises serious procedure load whereas consistency checking, it ought to be the potential to quickly disable consistency checking.
Code generation and CASE tools:
As way as code generation is anxious, the overall expectation of a CASE tool is kind of low. an affordable demand is a traceability from supply file to style knowledge. A lot of pragmatic supports expected from a CASE tool throughout the code generation section are the following:
- The CASE tool ought to support the generation of module skeletons or templates in one or a lot of fashionable languages. It ought to be the potential to incorporate copyright message, temporary description of the module, author name and therefore the date of creation in some selectable format.
- The tool ought to generate records, structures, category definition mechanically from the contents of the info wordbook in one or a lot of fashionable languages
- It ought to generate database tables for on-line database management systems.
- The tool ought to generate code for the programme from epitome definition for X window and MS window based mostly applications.
Test case generation CASE tool:
The CASE tool for action at code generation ought to have the subsequent features:
- It ought to support each style and demand testing.
- It ought to generally take a look at set reports in ASCII format which might be directly foreign into the test set up document.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Structured Analysis and Structured Design (SA/SD)
- Software Engineering | Characteristics of CASE Tools
- Program Analysis Tools in Software Engineering
- Difference between Structured and Object-Oriented Analysis
- Difference between Good Design and Bad Design in Software Engineering
- Software Engineering | CASE tool and its scope
- Difference between Use Case and Test Case
- Software Engineering | Introduction to Software Engineering
- Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE)
- Software Engineering | Architecture of a CASE environment
- Software Engineering | Benefits of CASE
- Software Engineering | Functional Point (FP) Analysis
- Analysis Modelling in Software Engineering
- Software Engineering | Software Design Process
- Difference between Software Engineering process and Conventional Engineering Processs
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Re-engineering
- Software Engineering | Reverse Engineering
- Software Engineering | Architectural Design
- Software Engineering | User Interface Design
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.