Software Quality Assurance (SQA) is simply a way to assure quality in the software. It is the set of activities which ensure processes, procedures as well as standards suitable for the project and implemented correctly.
Software Quality Assurance is a process which works parallel to development of a software. It focuses on improving the process of development of software so that problems can be prevented before they become a major issue. Software Quality Assurance is a kind of an Umbrella activity that is applied throughout the software process.
Software Quality Assurance have:
- A quality management approach
- Formal technical reviews
- Multi testing strategy
- Effective software engineering technology
- Measurement and reporting mechanism
Major Software Quality Assurance Activities:
- SQA Management Plan:
Make a plan how you will carry out the sqa through out the project. Think which set of software engineering activities are the best for project.check level of sqa team skills.
- Set The Check Points:
SQA team should set checkpoints. Evaluate the performance of the project on the basis of collected data on different check points.
- Multi testing Strategy:
Do not depend on single testing approach. When you have lot of testing approaches available use them.
- Measure Change Impact:
The changes for making the correction of an error sometimes re introduces more errors keep the measure of impact of change on project. Reset the new change to change check the compatibility of this fix with whole project.
- Manage Good Relations:
In the working environment managing the good relation with other teams involved in the project development is mandatory. Bad relation of sqa team with programmers team will impact directly and badly on project. Don’t play politics.
Benefits of Software Quality Assurance (SQA):
- SQA produce high quality software.
- High quality application saves time and cost.
- SQA is beneficial for better reliability.
- SQA is beneficial in the condition of no maintenance for long time.
- High quality commercial software increase market share of company.
- Improving the process of creating software.
- Improves the quality of the software.
Disadvantage of SQA:
There are a number of disadvantages of quality assurance. Some of them include adding more resources, employing more workers to help maintain quality and so much more.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Differences between Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Software Engineering | Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Set 2
- Goals and Measures of Software Quality Assurance
- Dimension of Software Quality | Garvin's Dimensions Of Quality
- Measuring Software Quality using Quality Metrics
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD) in Software Quality
- House of Quality Example in Software Quality
- Software Engineering | Software Quality Framework
- Software Engineering | Software Quality
- Software Engineering | Quality Characteristics of a good SRS
- Software Engineering | Introduction to Software Engineering
- How Software Inspection improves Software Quality ?
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Re-engineering
- Software Engineering | Reverse Engineering
- Difference between Software Engineering process and Conventional Engineering Processs
- Cost of Quality in Software Testing
- Boehm's Software Quality Model
- Goal Question Metric Approach in Software Quality
- Difference between Forward Engineering and Reverse Engineering
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.