Prerequisite – Coupling and Cohesion
Cohesion is the indication of the relationship within module. It is concept of intra-module. Cohesion has many types but usually highly cohesion is good for software.
Coupling is also the indication of the relationships between modules. It is concept of Inter-module. Coupling has also many types but usually low coupling is good for software.
Now we will see the difference between Cohesion and Coupling. the differences between cohesion and coupling are given below:
|Cohesion is the concept of intra module.||Coupling is the concept of inter module.|
|Cohesion represents the relationship within module.||Coupling represents the relationships between modules.|
|Increasing in cohesion is good for software.||Increasing in coupling is avoided for software.|
|Cohesion represents the functional strength of modules.||Coupling represents the independence among modules.|
|Highly cohesive gives the best software.||Where as loosely coupling gives the best software.|
|In cohesion, module focuses on the single thing.||In coupling, modules are connected to the other modules.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Software Engineering | Coupling and Cohesion
- Module Coupling and Its Types
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between Manual and Automation Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between defect, bug and failure
- Module Coupling Slice - based Test case Prioritization
- Difference between Software Engineering process and Conventional Engineering Processs
- Software Engineering | Introduction to Software Engineering
- Difference between Forward Engineering and Reverse Engineering
- Difference between Computer Science Engineering and Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Re-engineering
- Software Engineering | Reverse Engineering
- Similarities and Differences between Ruby and C language
- Similarities and Differences between Ruby and C++
- Software Engineering | Role and Responsibilities of a software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Software Business and Development
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Agile model and other models
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Regression Testing and Re-Testing
- Difference between Good Design and Bad Design in Software Engineering
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.