Cash flow is the movement of the money in and out of an organisation. It involves the expenditure and income of an organisation.
Cash Flow Forecasting:
In simple words, it is the estimation of the cash flow over a period of time. It is important to do cash flow forecasting in order to ensure that the project has sufficient funds to survive. It gives an estimation that when income and expenditure will take place during the software project’s life cycle. It must be done time to time especially for start-ups and small enterprises. However, if the cash flow of the business is more stable then forecasting cash flow weekly or monthly is enough.
Cash flow is of two types:
- Positive Cash Flow:
If an organisation expects to receive income more than it spends then it is said to have a positive cash flow and the company will never go low on funds for the software project’s completion.
- Negative Cash Flow:
If an organisation expects to receive income less than it spends then it is said to have a negative cash flow and the company will go low on funds for the software project’s completion in future.
Importance of Cash Flow Forecasting:
- It allows the management to plan the expenditures based upon the income in future.
- It helps the organization to analyse its expenditures and incomes.
- Makes sure that the company can afford to pay the employees and suppliers.
- Helps in financial planning.
- Software Engineering | Control Flow Graph (CFG)
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Reverse Engineering
- Control Flow Software Testing
- Software Engineering | Introduction to Software Engineering
- Software Engineering | Re-engineering
- Software Engineering | Role and Responsibilities of a software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Schick-Wolverton software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Plan (SPMP)
- Software Engineering | Jelinski Moranda software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Complexities
- Software Engineering | Identifying Software Development Metrics
- Software Engineering | Responsibilities of Software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Changing Nature of Software
- Software Engineering | Software Quality Framework
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.