Function Point (FP) is an element of software development which helps to approximate the cost of development early in the process. It may measures functionality from user’s point of view.
Counting Function Point (FP):
F = 14 * scale
Scale varies from 0 to 5 according to character of Complexity Adjustment Factor (CAF). Below table shows scale:
0 - No Influence 1 - Incidental 2 - Moderate 3 - Average 4 - Significant 5 - Essential
- Step-2: Calculate Complexity Adjustment Factor (CAF).
CAF = 0.65 + ( 0.01 * F )
- Step-3: Calculate Unadjusted Function Point (UFP).
Function Units Low Avg High EI 3 4 6 EO 4 5 7 EQ 3 4 6 ILF 7 10 15 EIF 5 7 10
Multiply each individual function point to corresponding values in TABLE.
- Step-4: Calculate Function Point.
FP = UFP * CAF
Given the following values, compute function point when all complexity adjustment factor (CAF) and weighting factors are average.
User Input = 50 User Output = 40 User Inquiries = 35 User Files = 6 External Interface = 4
- Step-1: As complexity adjustment factor is average (given in question), hence,
scale = 3. F = 14 * 3 = 42
CAF = 0.65 + ( 0.01 * 42 ) = 1.07
- Step-3: As weighting factors are also average (given in question) hence we will multiply each individual function point to corresponding values in TABLE.
UFP = (50*4) + (40*5) + (35*4) + (6*10) + (4*7) = 628
Function Point = 628 * 1.07 = 671.96
This is the required answer.
Program to calculate Function Point is as follows :-
Function Point Analysis :- Unadjusted Function Points (UFP) : 628 Complexity Adjustment Factor (CAF) : 1.07 Function Points (FP) : 671.96
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Software Engineering | Introduction to Software Engineering
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Re-engineering
- Software Engineering | Reverse Engineering
- Difference between Software Engineering process and Conventional Engineering Processs
- Software Engineering | Functional Point (FP) Analysis
- Difference between Forward Engineering and Reverse Engineering
- Software Engineering | Halstead’s Software Metrics
- Software Engineering | Classification of Software Requirements
- Software Engineering | Classification of Software
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Complexities
- Software Engineering | Role and Responsibilities of a software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Seven Principles of software testing
- Software Engineering | Agile Software Development
- Software Engineering | Software Maintenance
- Software Engineering | Jelinski Moranda software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Schick-Wolverton software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Software Business and Development
- Software Engineering | Characteristics of good Software
- Software Engineering | Identifying Software Development Metrics
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : chitrasingla2001