The design of a typical trendy CASE (Computer power-assisted software package Engineering) atmosphere is shown graphically below. The vital elements of a contemporary CASE atmosphere are a computer program, toolset, object management system (OMS), and a repository. The characteristics of a toolset are mentioned earlier.
the user interface provides a regular framework for accessing the various tools so creating it easier for the users to act with the different tools and reducing the overhead of learning however the different tools are used.
Object Management System (OMS) and Repository:
Different case tools represent the product as a group of entities like specification, design, text data, project arrange, etc. the thing management system maps these logical entities such into the underlying storage management system (repository).
The industrial on-line database management systems are meshed towards supporting giant volumes of data structured as straightforward comparatively short records. There are some forms of entities however sizable amount of instances. in contrast, CASE tools produce an oversized range of entity and relation varieties with maybe some instances of every. so the thing management system takes care of befittingly mapping into the underlying storage management system.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Software Engineering | Introduction to Software Engineering
- Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE)
- Software Engineering | Structured analysis and design with CASE tools
- Software Engineering | CASE tool and its scope
- Software Engineering | Benefits of CASE
- Software Engineering | Characteristics of CASE Tools
- Difference between Use Case and Test Case
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Re-engineering
- Software Engineering | Reverse Engineering
- Difference between Software Engineering process and Conventional Engineering Processs
- Difference between Forward Engineering and Reverse Engineering
- Software Engineering | Halstead’s Software Metrics
- Software Engineering | Classification of Software Requirements
- Software Engineering | Classification of Software
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Complexities
- Software Engineering | Role and Responsibilities of a software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Seven Principles of software testing
- Software Engineering | Agile Software Development
- Software Engineering | Software Maintenance