The design of a typical trendy CASE (Computer power-assisted software package Engineering) atmosphere is shown graphically below. The vital elements of a contemporary CASE atmosphere are a computer program, toolset, object management system (OMS), and a repository. The characteristics of a toolset are mentioned earlier.
the user interface provides a regular framework for accessing the various tools so creating it easier for the users to act with the different tools and reducing the overhead of learning however the different tools are used.
Object Management System (OMS) and Repository:
Different case tools represent the product as a group of entities like specification, design, text data, project arrange, etc. the thing management system maps these logical entities such into the underlying storage management system (repository).
The industrial on-line database management systems are meshed towards supporting giant volumes of data structured as straightforward comparatively short records. There are some forms of entities however sizable amount of instances. in contrast, CASE tools produce an oversized range of entity and relation varieties with maybe some instances of every. so the thing management system takes care of befittingly mapping into the underlying storage management system.
- Software Engineering | Benefits of CASE
- Software Engineering | CASE tool and its scope
- Software Engineering | Characteristics of CASE Tools
- Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE)
- Software Engineering | Structured analysis and design with CASE tools
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Reverse Engineering
- Software Engineering | Introduction to Software Engineering
- Software Engineering | Re-engineering
- Software Engineering | Jelinski Moranda software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Plan (SPMP)
- Software Engineering | Schick-Wolverton software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Role and Responsibilities of a software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Responsibilities of Software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Identifying Software Development Metrics
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.