Societe Generale Interview Experience 2021 (Virtual)
Round 1(Online Test): Round 1 was a 90 mins test with the eligibility criteria of 6 CGPA and CSE/IT/ECE branches, which had sections as follows:
Aptitude and Technical MCQ: This section was of moderate difficulty and had questions from topics like work-energy, time-distance, permutations-combinations, DBMS, OS, DSA, and Computer Networks. (Time limit: 30mins for about 25 questions).
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Verbal MCQ: This section consisted of 4 questions of easy level from topics like antonym-synonym, find the error, and unseen passage. (Time limit: 4 mins for 4 questions).
Programming: It had 3 questions of easy level from topics like backtracking, queues, and mathematics. (Time limit: 60 mins for 3 questions).
Note: Out of 3500 students, 240 were shortlisted for Round 2.
Round 2(Technical Interview): The interview started off with a basic question of “Tell me about yourself”, followed by questions on my previous internships and projects.
- Then we moved to the coding section where I was asked to implement “Merge sort” with some questions on the same, like time complexity, an algorithm which it uses, etc.
- He asked me to implement merge sort in the linked list as well. we discussed 2 pointers algorithm (which was used in merge sorting a linked list).
- The Interviewer then started asking questions on OOPS, API design, and frontend development (which was mentioned in my resume).
- I was asked to implement an example of multiple inheritances on the compiler.
- Keep your calm and be prepared for questions on your resume. revise the theory concepts of OS, DBMS, and DSA.
- If you do not know the answer completely, don’t waste time thinking about it and let your interviewer know so that he can ask something else.
Note: Out of 240 students, 150 were shortlisted for Round 3.
Round 3(Managerial Interview): The interview started off with the experience of rounds 1 and 2, followed by questions on the “skills” section in my resume. I mentioned Python programming so I was asked a few questions on the properties of python.
- The next skill I mentioned was DBMS so the interviewer went through with the questions on DBMS.
- Joins, Deadlocks, SQL basics, Aggregate functions, etc. were asked.
- He also asked me to write two queries: On cross join and On wildcard matching
After answering all the questions, he asked me to take out pen and paper and solve a few logical questions. Easy/ medium level only, asked for the output and the logic behind it.
- If you do not know any answer, tell honestly rather than answering it wrong.
- Be Prepared to be asked questions from your “skills” section on your resume. Prepare DBMS well, they like to ask questions on it.
Note: Out of 150 participants, 90 were shortlisted for Round 4.
Round 4(HR Interview): The HR interview was pretty tension-free, as not much was asked but rather the interviewer told me about the company.
- She asked for my job preference, Higher studies plans, and about my family.
- She asked how did Covid-19 change you, Why do you want to join Soc Gen, etc.
Tips: Avoid telling them about MBA or M.TECH even if you’re thinking about it.
Note: Out of 90, 75 got the job offer as Software Engineer and fortunately I was one of them.