Recently Snowflake Inc. visited our college The Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune for a Software Engineer Intern role + FTE. The entire process was virtual on the Zoom meeting. The selection process consists of a total of 2 rounds. Eligible Branches were CSE, IT, ECE.
- Eligibility Criteria: CGPA of 7.00.
Round 1 (Online Test): The online test was conducted on the Hackerrank platform. It consists of 2 coding questions
- Removing string that is an anagram of an earlier string.
- 2nd question was of medium level. (I don’t remember)
- 2 database queries (medium level)
- MCQs from OS, ML, Cloud Computing, and some aptitude questions.
After this round, 42 students were selected for an interview.
Round 2 (Virtual Interview): There were 4 panelists for an interview. The interview was conducted at a Zoom meeting. First, all interviewer introduces there self and then asked me to introduce myself. I introduce myself and mentioned my interest in application development, so one of the interviewers started asking me questions on SDLC.
- Do you know SDLC? Explain it.
- Types of testing.
- In which type integration testing comes.
Technical Interview: Then the technical interviewer started asking me questions
- Explain ACID properties.
- Relations in database
- Is many to many relations feasible if not what can we do?
- Types of Indexing
- Data structures in Java
- How we can implement priority queue?
It was mostly on DBMS as Snowflake is a data warehouse company.
Then one interviewer who works in the cybersecurity domain started asking me questions. He asked me 4-5 questions but I don’t know anything about cybersecurity so answered don’t know about this domain, so he said I have no questions for you and handed it over to HR.
- Which is your dream job?
- On which domain you would like to work? (I mentioned Backend technologies)
- Would you like to work in an operational domain?
- Do you know SaaS? Example
- And some situational based questions.
They didn’t ask me do you have any questions? But I asked them lastly 🙂 That’s it finally the results announced, and I was selected 🙂
Note: Be confident about your answers and calm throughout the process. If you don’t know the answer to any question then tell them honestly.
Stay positive and give your best. All the best 🙂
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.