Hi, Snapdeal visited our campus recently, and here’s my interview experience!
20 Aptitude Questions.
2 Coding Questions – 1. Given points of two lines A(x1,y1 x2,y2) & B(x3,y3 x4,y4) find whether the points intersect or not!
2. Overlapping paintings, find no. of paintings that can be seen distinctly, extreme co-ordinates of paintings are given!
First Round Interview :
1. Given a binary search tree, and a number k, find two nodes in the tree such that their sum adds upto k!
2. Print a binary tree in zig-zag order!
I was asked to code both using Java!
Some simple puzzles.
Second Round Interview :
1. Tell me the logic of the program written in the first round!Improve it, try for O(n) complexity!
2. Write a recursive function for nth fibonacci number!
Now make some changes in the same code in order to get O(1) complexity in most cases.(Use Dynamic Programming!)
3. Given a 2-d array with sorted rows and columns, write efficient code for searching a number!
Puzzle : a glass, a tap given! fill the glass half without the use of any measuring instruments!
Third Round Interview :
Write a program to print “Hello” and “World” infinitely using two threads, such that one thread prints the String “Hello” and the other prints “World”!
– Why sleep() cannot be used?
– Why have you used synchronized keyword?
– How will a deadlock occur in this program?
– What will be the solution for breaking the deadlock?
Write a program in Java to find whether a given tree is a subtree of another one or not! both iterative as well as recursive!
Fourth Round Interview : HR Round
Tell me something about yourself!
How were the interviews?
How were the interview questions?
What are the demerits in SnapDeal?
I would like to thank geeksforgeeks for a exhaustive set of interview questions and study material, which indeed has helped me a lot!
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.