Smart Energy Water Interview Experience for FTE Data Science Engineer (On-Campus)
The company visited for 3 profiles:
- Data Science Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Business Analyst
All the profiles had a common procedure. Eligibility criteria were minimum of 6 CGPA students, appeared for the exam were 180 and the process consists of 2 rounds.
Round 1 (Written Test): This round consists of two parts
- Part 1: around 30-40 MCQ questions related to Quantitative, Logical reasoning, and verbal reasoning.
- Part 2: Around 10-12 basic coding questions: 3 questions from SQL (Easy, Medium, and Difficult), 7-8 coding questions where languages are restricted to C, C++, and Java.
I’ll suggest that one should know at least the basics of C++, it really helps. Out of 180, around 75 students were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2 (Interview Round): This round was very chill (at-least for me). This round is 20 mins. A few of the questions asked from me are given below:
- He asked me about my resume where he found that my profile is like a Computer Science student in-spite of being an ECE student. I answered it honestly.
- He then asked me about my projects mentioned in my resume. I answered him well also, he suggested some extra features which I could add in my project.
- Then comes the SQL part, he asked me questions related to the primary key. The interviewer will try his/her best to confuse you, but you should be confident of what you say. After that, he asked me a query which according to him should use JOINS, but I answered him the query which was not using JOINS but also performing the same work.
- Then comes the puzzle part, he asked me the 2 candles puzzle. 2 candles puzzle.
- After that, he asked me if I had any questions. It is better to ask a few questions because this will show them that you are really interested in the company.
AFTER THIS ROUND, 46 STUDENTS WERE SELECTED