Smart Energy Water Interview Experience for FTE Data Science Engineer (On-Campus)
The company visited for 3 profiles:
- Data Science Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Business Analyst
All the profiles had a common procedure. Eligibility criteria were minimum of 6 CGPA students, appeared for the exam were 180 and the process consists of 2 rounds.
Round 1 (Written Test): This round consists of two parts
- Part 1: around 30-40 MCQ questions related to Quantitative, Logical reasoning, and verbal reasoning.
- Part 2: Around 10-12 basic coding questions: 3 questions from SQL (Easy, Medium, and Difficult), 7-8 coding questions where languages are restricted to C, C++, and Java.
I’ll suggest that one should know at least the basics of C++, it really helps. Out of 180, around 75 students were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2 (Interview Round): This round was very chill (at-least for me). This round is 20 mins. A few of the questions asked from me are given below:
- He asked me about my resume where he found that my profile is like a Computer Science student in-spite of being an ECE student. I answered it honestly.
- He then asked me about my projects mentioned in my resume. I answered him well also, he suggested some extra features which I could add in my project.
- Then comes the SQL part, he asked me questions related to the primary key. The interviewer will try his/her best to confuse you, but you should be confident of what you say. After that, he asked me a query which according to him should use JOINS, but I answered him the query which was not using JOINS but also performing the same work.
- Then comes the puzzle part, he asked me the 2 candles puzzle. 2 candles puzzle.
- After that, he asked me if I had any questions. It is better to ask a few questions because this will show them that you are really interested in the company.
AFTER THIS ROUND, 46 STUDENTS WERE SELECTED
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!