Integers X and K are given. The task is to find the smallest K-digit number divisible by X.
Input : X = 83, K = 5 Output : 10043 10040 is the smallest 5 digit number that is multiple of 83. Input : X = 5, K = 2 Output : 10
A simple solution is to try all numbers starting from the smallest K digit number
(which is 100…(K-1)times) and return the first number divisible by X.
An efficient solution would be :
Compute MIN : smallest K-digit number (1000...K-times) If, MIN % X is 0, ans = MIN else, ans = (MIN + X) - ((MIN + X) % X)) This is because there will be a number in range [MIN...MIN+X] divisible by X.
This article is contributed by Rohit Thapliyal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Smallest n digit number divisible by given three numbers
- C++ Program for Smallest K digit number divisible by X
- Java Program for Smallest K digit number divisible by X
- Find nth number that contains the digit k or divisible by k.
- Largest K digit number divisible by X
- Sum of n digit numbers divisible by a given number
- Smallest N digit number which is a multiple of 5
- Largest and smallest digit of a number
- Count n digit numbers divisible by given number
- C++ Program for Largest K digit number divisible by X
- Largest N digit number divisible by given three numbers
- Java Program for Largest K digit number divisible by X
- Check if the first and last digit of the smallest number forms a prime
- Print digit's position to be removed to make a number divisible by 6
- Smallest number with sum of digits as N and divisible by 10^N